I am absolutely blown away that there are companies who can stay in business, even though they have poorly trained baboons manning the sales desk.
I wanted a quote for the items needed to make up a picture I drew and sent the design team. They said it was going to be:
Half moons – 2
Table for one – 1
Table for two – 1
Nuts and bolts – 1
Labor to do the job – 1
I found some unused desk parts around the office; which meant I could significantly reduce the amount we would have to pay for this new office set up. So I reached back out to the design team and asked for one last bid in order to get the project going. Here is how it went for me:
ME: Please send me a quote for two half moons, the hardware and the labor.
REP: Attached is the bid let me know.
ME: I asked for two half moons, the hardware and the labor. What are the additional tables for?
REP: I left them in there from the other quote. Was that not correct?
ME: Oh I get it. no, we are not moving ahead with the other project. Please adjust it to be two half moons, the hardware for the whole set up and the labor to do it.
REP: Okay. Just let me know what needs to be separated.
ME: Please send me a quote for the following:
- 2 half moons
- Hardware to put the desk together
- The labor to put the desk together
REP: Okay. I will take the extra 6 pack off and then send just the furniture to make up the picture you sent us.
ME: NO! I just want:
- 2 half round tables. Just these tables. No other tables are approved for purchase. Do NOT send more than these two half round tables
- All the nuts, washers, bolts, felt pads, Allen wrenches and any other tool/piece necessary to build the desk.
- The amount that it will cost us to have a member of your team to come here and put the desk together.
REP: Got it. You have the round tables and we will send you the remaining pieces to make up the picture you sent us.
Apparently the mission statement of this place is
“to annoy our customers to the point that they go insane over the fact that they are stuck using our products; cause that shit is custom.”